Have you tried playing with slime?
I am sure you did.
Slime is a great source of joy and satisfaction for both children and adult.
It is a colourful, mushy, sticky thing so, satisfying to mix, punch and play.
However, here all the joy ends when it turns into a whole mess!
Sticking into your hair; on hands, clothes, and other objects nearby.
You can wipe it easily from all the other objects, but getting it out of your head can be a great challenge.
It does not easily wipe out with a simple shower.
Some parents panic to the extent that they pull out the scissors and cut their child’s hair.
Here we will give you some cool tips to get the slime out of the hair of your child.
All these are practically proven techniques and are safe for your child.
Most of the time, you end up washing the hair of your child instantly as soon as the slime gets in the hair. Then you often pick up the parts of the slime and pull it off. In this way not only, you damage the hair but also let a great bunch of hair to fall off. You need to opt for deep conditioning instead of shampooing their hair to get the slime off.
To do the deep conditioning all you need to have is
A good quality conditioner-ample amount
A mild shampoo-Enough for your child’s hair volume
A shower bottle
A shower cap
- Place the towel on the shoulders of your child.
- Slightly dampen the hair with shower bottle.
- Now take a good quality conditioner.
- Apply an ample amount of conditioner on tiny sections of the hair.
- Do not forget to leave the tips.
- Now, make the hair into a bunch with a catcher or a hairband.
- Make your child wear the shower cap to cover his head.
- Let it rest for 30-45 minutes. Believe me; it is safe to do so.
- Now, rinse your child hair with hot water. Please ensure the water is not too hot for the hair.
- Use a soft bristle comb and try to brush hair slightly.
- Remove as much slime as you can.
- Do not pull out if you can not remove the slime easily.
- Now, use a mild shampoo to shampoo off the excess conditioner
- Comb the wet hair and remove all the slime that was still in the hair.
- Blow-dry and style!
- It removes slime or any sticky material in the hair.
- Conditioners have essential oils and are a super lubricant. Therefore, it is the best choice to use them to remove slime out of your child’s hair.
- Deep conditioning provides shine to the hair.
- It strengthens and provides the hair with complete nourishment.
Oiling the Hair
Oiling the hair can also be a great choice to get rid of slime
To remove the slime from hair by oiling method all you need is
Olive oil-3 tablespoon
Coconut oil-3 tablespoon
Baby oil-3 tablespoon
Almond oil-5 tablespoon
- Mix all these oils in a clean container.
- Now, slightly warm up the oils to a temperature close to body temperature.
- Divide the hair into small sections.
- Apply the oil in excess from tip to root.
- Massage well in the scalp.
- Cover the scalp with the shower cap.
- Let it sit for 2 hours.
- Now, comb the hair with slight motions.
- Remove all the slime from the hair in this way.
- Wash the hair with a mild shampoo.
- Blow-dry the hair and style!
- It provides nourishment to your child’s hair.
- It will help you remove slime easily from your child’s hair.
- It enhances your child’s hair growth.
Mayonnaise Hair Mask:
A mayonnaise hair mask can be a great choice in removing slime from your child’s hair.
Things You Need:
To remove slime from the hair all you need is
Olive Oil-5 tablespoon
Shampoo-According to the volume of hair
- Mix a cup of mayonnaise in five tablespoons of oil.
- Place a napkin or a towel on the shoulders of your child to avoid the mess.
- Now dampen your child’s hair slightly.
- Apply the mixture in damp hair.
- You have to cut small sections of the hair and apply in ample amount from root to tip.
- Repeat the same procedure for the rest of the hair.
- Cover the hair with the shower cap.
- Now, you need to wait for 2 hours.
- Wash off the excess mayonnaise with slightly hot water.
- Ensure to maintain the temperature of water close to body temperature.
- Now, comb the hair and remove any slime left in the hair.
- Wash thoroughly with the shampoo.
- Blow-dry the hair and style!
- It successfully removes slime out of your child’s hair.
- Mayonnaise mask proves to be a protein mask that provides nourishment and extra protection to hair keratin.
- It boosts hair growth.
- It develops some extra shine in your child’s hair.
- It repairs any kind of hair damage.
- It also serves as a cure to dandruff.
- It also prevents hair fall.
Getting The Colour Of Slime Out Your Hair
If the slime you are using harbours food colours like that used in homemade slime, then they may also stain your hair. If the stain does not go away with usual shampooing, you need to use some other techniques. Here is a suggestion you may use to remove the food colour.
Things You Need:
To remove stain from the hair, all you need is
Rubbing Alcohol-10 ml
Shampoo-according to hair volume
- Dampen the cotton with the rubbing alcohol.
- Apply on the stained areas.
- Slightly rub it on the hair.
- When you have completely removed the stain, wash with a mild shampoo right away.
- Do not forget to apply conditioner afterwards.
- The procedure can dry your hair. So, you can oil the hair with almond oil afterwards and wash again.
- Simple conditioning can also work.
- Blow-dry and style!
- Slime can be super messy and difficult to remove if it gets stuck in the hair.
- You should not try to pluck out slime from the dry hair.
- Never cut the hair in a panic if you cannot remove the slime in the hair.
- You can opt for deep conditioning to remove slime easily from the hair.
- Mayonnaise can be another option to provide not only a protein mask but also allow the slime to get removed easily from the hair.
- Oiling the hair with some unsaturated oils is another option to remove slime from the hair. You can opt for almond oil, coconut oil, mustard oil, or baby oil.
- Never forget to apply conditioner, mayonnaise, or oil in ample amount when trying to remove slime. It will provide better lubrication and make it easy removing the slime completely from the hair.
- To remove the stain of the slime if it has food colours, you should give a chance to rubbing alcohol method.
- Rubbing alcohol can dry the hair. Therefore, you need to apply conditioner after shampooing the hair. The other method can be oiling the hair.
You can also make slime at home!
In this way, it will be less sticky; and you can also control the ingredients and colours.
Never panic in any situation.
Hair is the beauty of the human body.
Be careful while handling them.
“What it’s like to be a parent: It’s one of the hardest things you’ll ever do but in exchange, it teaches you the meaning of unconditional love.”
I have been living in Texas with my husband and three kids. Raising kids is never easy and I too encountered a lot of difficulties. To manage all this, I worked into a lot of solutions and discovered the best possible!
Now, after years of experience, I am an expert mom who has worked on most of the things any parent can encounter in his life.
With my expertise, I embarked on a journey to help all the other moms out there in their perfect child rising. I am here to help you select the best for your little one and give the solution to all the problems you encounter in your daily life.
My words are not a mere combination of letters. These are the voice of my years of experience… all gained with the help of other experts and my self-exploring nature.
Let’s help each other in raising our children with the best.