Giving birth to children and looking after them is one of the biggest responsibilities an adult has to bear. Childhood is a phase in which a kid starts to adapt changes around and learns new things. Anything taught or said during this phase leaves a huge impact on a child’s brain. It is merely a challenge for parents to nurture their kids at this age. However, working parents find it a bit more difficult to look after their kids and hence they need to opt for either daycare or a Pre School. But, how does one know what is the difference between a daycare and a Pre School?
If you are among those working parents concerned to know how daycare is different from a Pre School then keep reading below because this guide will clearly illustrate how both are distinguishable, it will also help you decide whether your child is suitable for a daycare or is eligible for Pre School.
The major difference between a daycare and Pre School is that a Daycare is a place where children below 3 years of age are sent where they can be taken care of while their parents are unavailable. A child usually isn’t able to speak properly at this age. Whereas a Pre School is a place where a child is admitted to preparing him/her for school. Kids above 3 years who are able to communicate with others are said to be eligible for a Pre School.
Toddlers and babies those which require complete care are subjected to daycare. A full -time nanny is allotted for every single baby in order to provide keen care. They are open the whole week, unlike Pre School which only remains open for 5 days a week.
Parents drop their infants or children at the daycare to stay devoid of any fear or thought that can invade their minds during work. The responsibilities of the child are now under the domain of the day care’s staff.
Kids are provided with a safer and peaceful environment where they can stay for the whole day without any muddle.
There are some of the very common features and services a daycare offers:
- A set of comfortable beds and cots where infants are made to sleep in tranquility.
- A full -time nanny who looks after the toilet needs of the baby along with changing their diapers when required.
- A rack /shelf full of toys or playing materials is given to the children for playing.
- A separate room for playing and eating is designated so that it doesn’t bother those who are in the sleeping room.
- An assistant is always present who controls and coordinates the eating schedule of the children.
- A wide television screen which plays on cartoons, animated movies or rhymes for slightly older children for entertainment.
- The daycare team ensures to decorate the center as beautifully as possible because babies and infants are attracted to colors.
- The caregivers are highly proficient and experienced in handling kids. They are trained for cases of medical emergencies and can give cardio-pulmonary resuscitation and first aid.
- The caretaker is responsible to report about everything to the parents from when the child slept to what the child has been fed with the entire day.
Children need to be monitored constantly prior to getting enrolled in kindergarten or elementary school. It is during this stage where the child’s brain goes through development and understanding. Children bearing ages from 3-5 are said to join Pre School and learn all the basics which is one of the prerequisites for joining kindergarten or elementary school.
Suggest that kids who have previously gone to Pre School in their early years tend to perform better and grasp much more than the rest. It is important for parents to perform a survey of all the Pre Schools before choosing one for their kid. It is a matter of the future of their child hence, anything deficient wouldn’t be worth it.
There are some common salient features a reputable Pre School mostly offers:
- A classroom with all the necessary decorations and informative charts for the little learners.
- An educated and highly proficient instructor who gives one-to-one attention.
- A multi-media or a music system that helps in audio and visual learning.
- A large playground where kids can have ample space to play.
- Set of activity materials that aid in conceptual learning and decision making.
- Separate rooms for arts and crafts that have various set of tools, this way kids can enhance their creative skills with the help of the facilitator.
- A full-time nanny who takes children to the washroom.
Some Pre Schools hire caregivers who keep a check on the lunch of the children as health and nourishment is supposed to be the first priority of the school.
It takes a big heart to drop your kids to daycare or to a Pre School. Staying away from your children for hours and hours is not easy but certain circumstances force a person to do so. You never know what financial crises a couple might be undergoing that they need to work together for a living.
In contrast some parents especially mothers quit their jobs in order to provide similar attention daycare or Pre School would offer they prefer not sending their kids to daycare or Pre School. Some might have trust issues and they feel it is better to look after your child rather than sending him/her outside.
Our little generation is the future of tomorrow. However, daycares and Pre Schools have played a massive role in programming and nurturing the children. They have made sure to provide everything that can contribute to the wellness and development of the child’s brain and personality. The caregivers deserve to be praised and highlighted for their remarkable job.
Sending kids to daycares and Pre School doesn’t mean that any parent is careless or is ignorant with regards to their child. Every parent has an immense love for their children.